Safe Harbors Business Travel is a Verified United States Veteran Owned Business.
Safe Harbors Business Travel president/CEO Jay Ellenby is proud to have served in the United States Navy
from 1983 to 1989. As a company, we are equally proud to be one of over 2.5 million veteran owned
businesses and one of 500,000 veteran owned business employers. As a Veteran Owned Business,
we represent 9% of U.S. businesses.
As we reviewed U.S. Census and other information, we were struck by how so much of the data on the veterans who own businesses reflects such a sense of independence. According to the U.S. Small Business Administration:
- Over 60% of veteran owned businesses start their businesses with personal or family savings.
- Veterans are at least 45% more likely to be self-employed.
- Veterans tend to be better educated than other business owners.
- As business owners, veterans are more likely to have post-graduate education.
- Military service provided business skills to at least one-third of current veteran business owners.
If you have the opportunity, consider supporting a veteran owned business.
To learn more about how veteran owned businesses play such an important role in American business, visit this page within the U.S. Small Business Administration’s website.