Taxis are sometimes the best way to get around when traveling, but make sure you use
those registered and accountable.
Here is some of what you should know:
Record the company and phone number on the cab,
and consider emailing it to yourself or someone you know. Try to have some idea where
you’re going and keep an eye on the route. Address drivers by name, and get a feel for if
they are open to conversation.
Overall, be cautious.
- If you can, try to select your own taxi rather than they selecting you.
- In countries where other languages are spoken, take a written copy of your destination in that language.
- Wait for taxis indoors.
- Your driver’s face should match the license in the cab.
- In most cases, meters in metered taxis should be activated. If yours isn’t, ask for an estimate for the trip.
- When boarding a bus or limo, do so promptly.
- Watch your baggage, especially during loading and unloading from the taxi, and especially if you are sharing a ride with others.